Sunday, 22 April 2012
I am an Artist
The lovely Dyan Reaveley says we are all artists and should write it in our journals... so here is my attempt. I drew all the birds and shapes and flowers free hand using various black marker pens ... ha ha... free they are.... following tips from a new book I just bought called 'Creative Doodling and Beyond' - now you see why I like to use stamps most of the time as my drawing is not really very good. Sad really as my Dad was a wonderful artist.... Mum not - so obviously I inherited my non drawing skills from her. Her handwriting was wonderful and Dad's not ... you see where I am going with this.... blame Mum and Dad lol. If only they were here to give me some tips... sadly when they were here I did not do any art - only crafts.
After drawing I sprayed the pages using Turquoise and Pink Dylusions inks... what did I do before I got them... and used a couple of stencils with water for the letters and numbers in the background.
I enjoyed playing so that is the whole point of the exercise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Repeat after me....I am an artist, I can draw and I can write beautifully...
ReplyDelete"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change"
xxx
Oh Cynthia, I love those birds and the colours are fab-u-lous! That background effect is so subtle but really effective
ReplyDeleteClaire xx
Great doodling. It is hard to forget just pretty and go with feelings I am finding as I experiment with journalling. Good fun trying though.
ReplyDeleteJen x